American Express®: ‘American Express Invites…’
In an increasingly competitive market, how can American Express® attract a new and younger affluent audience whilst retaining existing customers?
Strategic Platform: ‘American Express Invites…’
We knew that existing & prospective card-members were both passionate about music and in search of interesting experiences.
By making American Express the gatekeeper to an exceptional musical destination and creators of long-lasting memories, we could build brand value and appeal amongst an affluent London-centric audience.
We aligned the brand to the annual Summer Series at Somerset House – a highly respected series of gigs throughout July, featuring an eclectic mix of talent, each one pulling in an audience of 3,000. Each show is set against the stunning backdrop of Somerset House and what makes these events really special is the opportunity to see artists such as Sam Smith, Franz Ferdinand and Kelis in an intimate environment.
We negotiated a headline partnership deal under the banner ‘American Express Invites…’ – augmentation of the existing Summer Series at Somerset House with American Express offering a range of additional features:
Attracting prospective card-members:
- Photo booth within the main courtyard, available to all, with photos instantly shared via social with the tag #AmExSounds driving social chatter & brand fame
- Site wide free wifi available to all
- Access to artists to take backstage interview content for use on AmEx channels
Rewarding existing card-members:
- Ticket pre-sale allocation for 72 hours exclusive to AmEx card-members
- AmEx owned VIP terrace catering for 200 card-members and AmEx guests each night – providing swifter bar access, food options, seating & an exclusive after show party with celebrity DJ talent
- 70% of attendees were aware that American Express sponsored Summer Series
- 67% were aware American Express were headline sponsor before their visit
- AmEx is the number 1 payment method for ticket purchases
- Spend using an AmEx card accounted for 17% of all spend at the event
- 15% of attendees used the free wifi
- 20% shared a selfie with #AmExSounds
- This has become an annual partnership and we continue to work with both American Express and Somerset House